- François Louisin
- François Louisin contributes to developing global strategies and reorganising operations for multinational corporations (industry leaders,
mid-size emerging key players) and Research & Technology organisations active in the Aerospace & Defence (satellites, launchers, security/defence space applications,
aircraft, aircraft MRO, …) and technology-intensive sectors (electronics, biotechnologies, energy, naval, ...):
- 35+ year experience in strategy and top management consulting as a manager, then as a partner in recognised consulting firms (Mars & Co, Deloitte
Consulting-Braxton, A.T. Kearney, …)
- Editing Director, owner since 2005 of the “European Space Directory”, a publication backed by Eurospace, the Association of the European Space Industry, and ESA, the
European Space Agency
- His areas of expertise include:
- Strategy: corporate and business unit strategies (activity portfolio optimisation, value chain improvements, …); growth strategy (market mapping/sizing, market entry
strategies, diversification plans, …); investment opportunity assessment (M&A and JVs - target screening and assessment, technological and strategic due-diligence,
business plan reviews, …)
- Technology strategy and sourcing tactics, technological innovation process management
- Performance improvement: relative cost position/competitive benchmarking and cost-cutting target definition; fixed asset optimisation, e.g. consolidation of
facilities; organisational structure analysis and redesign
- François has managed numerous projects more specifically focused on industrial policy issues, the assessment of sector economics evolutions
and multi-national programme opportunities for the European Space Agency (ESA), the European Defence Agency (EDA), the European Commission (DG Enterprise and Industry; DG
Research), and various governmental institutions.
- Prior to founding FLB Partners, he launched and developed the A&D practice of the AT Kearney Paris office in the early 2000s and created ESD
Partners in 2005, a strategy consulting firm specialized in Aerospace / High Technology sectors. ESD Partners consulting activities were transferred to FLB Partners in
- The geographical scope of the assignments he has managed over the last ten years covers more than 70 countries including EU countries, Russia
(more than 15 consulting projects managed), Ukraine, U.S.A., Canada, India, China, Japan, Australia, Brazil, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, …
- François graduated from ENSAE - Ecole Nationale de la Statistique et de l'Administration Economique - Paris, France (MSc in Statistics and Economics), from ESSEC
Business School, France (Master in Management - Grande Ecole), and holds a Master in Applied Economics from Paris Dauphine University, France.
- Brahim Lahbabi
- Brahim Lahbabi has developed significant experience in performance improvement projects.
- He has managed a manufacturing optimisation project in one of the largest European production plants of a worldwide agri-food leader (3 Sigma
certification of two production lines: Characterisation of the processes to be improved, and of the relevant sets of data to be collected; Data analysis and verification of
cause-and- effect relationships; KPIs definition (waste / rejection rate, production scheduling, OEE-Overall Equipment Effectiveness, …) and implementation of related
monitoring systems. Lean manufacturing / JIT - Optimisation of process flows, ...).
- Brahim is currently carrying out a global performance improvement project for a Moroccan packaging key player specialized in woven
polypropylene bags (Total cost assessment per type of product; Productivity: KPIs and performance monitoring system, JIT-Flow optimisation, TPM-Total Productive
Maintenance; Quality: extension of the laboratory’s testing and calibration competences and activities, performance upgrading of the weaving machines and extruders;
Competitive repositioning on the Moroccan market).
- He has also contributed to various strategy consulting assignments including the identification and assessment of key differentiating
technologies to be integrated in high-tech equipment used in the Oil deep offshore sector; the assessment of strategic diversification opportunities in the Utilities
- Brahim holds an Advanced Master in “Industrial Management, Project and Supply Chain” from Ecole Centrale de Paris, France, a Mechanical Engineering degree from
UTC-Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France ("Innovative project management" specialisation), and graduated from EPFL-Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de
Lausanne, Switzerland (“Management of Technology & Entrepreneurship” exchange programme).
- Paul Kamoun
- Paul Kamoun, Ph. D., has more than 40-year experience spanning space industry, international
institutions and academic sectors. He has worked on 150+ space programmes at NASA, the European
Space Agency (ESA) and the French Space Agency (CNES).
- As an accomplished senior-executive, Paul has long-standing experience in corporate strategic
development, space programme management, and business development. He also brings technical
expertise in spacecraft design and development, space technology research and space-based services.
- His consulting activities (for ESA and EU Research and Innovation programmes) are related to space,
micro-nano technologies, electronics and opto-electronics. He is also Chief Marketing Officer and
Business Development at Space Pharma, whose mission is to leverage the miniaturized microgravity lab
technology, enabling unprecedented possibilities to develop new drugs in Space.
- Paul was, from 2004 through 2014, Vice President - Sales and Marketing with Thales Alenia Space, in
charge of ESA Business.
- From 1988 through 2003, Paul served at Alcatel Space (formerly Aerospatiale) as Head of Marketing &
Strategy - Directorate of Earth Observation and Science Programmes, and Deputy Head of Advanced
Programmes. Over this period, he has developed extensive experience (technical issues, business
models, financing of international programmes) in the setup and management of international teams and
projects involving entities from European countries, USA and Canada. He was also Expert evaluator for
European Union Fourth and Fifth Framework R&D Programmes. The EU and ESA projects he managed
were related to: Space-borne radar and optical payloads and missions, satellite systems, ground
segments; Commercial Earth Observation and Geo-Information Services activities; IT and Electronic
- From 1983 through 1987, Paul served first as Responsible for Microwave Payloads for Future Planetary
and Astronomical Missions (Agora, Cassini/Huyghens, Kepler, Quasat, …) at the European Space
Research and Technology Centre of ESA, Noordwijk (NL), and later, as Manager of Microwave Remote
Sensing Activities at Thomson, Sophia-Antipolis.
- He is a very active member in the space community: Chairman of EARSC - European Association of
Remote Sensing Companies (2003-2009), Chairman of the EUROSPACE GMES-Global Monitoring for
Environment and Security (Earth Observation) Working Group (2009-2012), Member of the Space
Advisory Group (SAG) of the EU 7 th R&T Framework Programme (2007-2012).
- Paul holds an electrical engineering degree from Ecole Supérieure d’Electricité in Paris, France and a PhD
degree in Earth and Planetary Sciences from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge,
USA. He holds also a MSc In Astronomy from the Ohio State University, and Mathematics, Physics and
Astronomy Degrees from the University of Paris-Orsay.